Sunday 11 January 2009

Busy weekend

I've had a very busy weekend. I heard about a new craft supplies shop that had opened in Edinburgh so I toddled over there on Saturday morning. Turns out it had been opened for three years........but it's new to me so there!! Tiny little place, but crammed to the gills with all sorts of crafting goodies and very reasonable prices too. While I was there, I popped in to visit with some friends who I haven't seen for ages and spent a lovely couple of hours catching up.

On Sunday I knuckled down and got some work done. I was contacted by an old friend who I used to work with. Her daughter's getting married next year and they asked me to mock up some invitations. I was pretty pleased with the end results. I emailed the pics to the bride to be who contacted me to tell me she loved them. *yay me!!!* It's always exciting to get a commission, but doubly so to get a wedding commission - I just love weddings (as long as I don't have the stress of organising them myself!).

Now I just have to get myself organised for the next couple of months worth of craft and wedding fairs - Balerno Craft Fair every month this year, a craft fair in Dunfermline in April and two wedding fayres in March....busy, busy, busy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, you're as bad as me. I think I'm wonderful cos I've discovered something that everyone's known about for years...so why don't they tell you? We have a craft shop at the end of our road but I don't know what it's like. Tell me if there's anything you're on the lookout for and I'll see if they have it.